Legal Aid Rates – Interpreters
- Interpreting – £28 per hour for non-London based interpreters, interpreters based in London – £25 per hour
- Travel time – 2/3 of the hourly rate for interpreting
- Mileage – 45 pence per mile
No cancellation fee will be payable if the expert is cancelled more than 72 hours before a hearing.
For a case where a hearing scheduled for a number of days might be cancelled, the 72 hours’ notice would extend into the number of days of that cancelled hearing. It might be right to reimburse for the first or second day but the notice would allow the expert rescheduling subsequent days and further cancellation fees would not be appropriate.
(10.5, Civil Finance Electronic Handbook – page 60)
- Legal Aid Rates – Translation
- Create Quotes Using Legal Aid Rates (Legal Aid Quote Calculator – Interpreting).
- Guidance on the Remuneration of Expert Witnesses
- Civil Finance Electronic Handbook
Share this post, then leave a comment below.